around the clock
The Gillitzerblock buildings
The Gillitzerblock was built between 1894 and 1897 (architectural style: Neo-Renaissance / Neo-Baroque) by the Munich-based entrepreneur Thomas Gillitzer. Most of the original 15 historic buildings were replaced by the construction of two large new buildings: the Karstadt department store at the end of the 1960s and the so-called “neuer Gillitzerblock” (new Gillitzerblock) in the north-eastern area in the mid-1970s. Nowadays, the Gillitzerblock offers numerous dining and shopping facilities.