around the clock
The Mittertor gate
Before 1350, Rosenheim’s only surviving market gate was the east gate of the market, which was then enclosed by a double moat. From the 15th century, it separated the Inner Market from the Outer Market and served as an administrative building ( the “Marktschreiberei”). After 1641, the onion dome was added. The core structure of the Mittertor makes it the oldest building in Rosenheim. Nowadays, it houses the Städtisches Museum (City Museum).